Where to start… As those of you who follow along know, Peanut is 14 months old now. Ideally, I wanted to start trying for #2 right around the 12 month mark. It seemed like the whole time we “tried” to get pregnant , it didn’t happen. As soon as we stopped worrying about it, BAM! I was pregnant.
This time, I wanted to up the chances of it happening when we wanted it to. So I was sent the UConceive Fertility Kit.
Actually, we were sent two kits. The first kit was missing the pregnancy test and 2 ovulation predictor kits, so Jill was amazing and sent us a whole new kit. Insert happy dance, because now I have two months of supplements.
Here is the information from their site about the supplements you will be taking.
Women’s Follicular Phase Supplements
Uconceive is the only conception kit on the market that addresses the two phases of a woman’s ovulatory cycle.Learn more about the science behind Uconceive’s Follicular Phase formula.
Our Follicular Phase supplement supports early ovarian follicle development, and contains:
- Evening Primrose Oil – helps the body produce more cervical mucus, which helps the sperm survive its journey, leading to higher chances of pregnancy.
- Chaste Berry, which helps your uterus grow a thicker lining, and make a more receptive place for an embryo to form.
- Red Clover Blossom – strengthens your ovaries, supports healthy liver function, and can help your body “get ready” for pregnancy.
- Chaste Berry, Quai, Red Raspberry extracts help regulate your body and help you get pregnant faster.
- Folic Acid improves fertility rates and helps to protect your developing fetus from complications.
- Siberian Ginseng tones the muscles of your uterus and promotes the ability of the fertilized egg to implant into it.
*Also contains all the ingredients of a prenatal vitamin!
Women’s Luteal Phase Supplements
The Luteal Phase Nutraceutical helps prepare your uterus for implantation of the fertilized egg, and contains:
- PABA increases the ability of estrogen production and facilitates by increasing the level of fertility in women. Also has a number of metabolic and health benefits.
- Maca Root contains specific compounds called glucosinolates which directly affect fertility for both men and women.
- Eleuthercoccus Senticosus heightens fertility and helps promote a strong sex drive!
- Chaste Berry contains compounds that bind to estrogen receptors in the bones, brain, heart, bladder, and uterus. Helps the uterus grow a thicker lining to be more receptive to implantation of a fertilized egg.
- Iodine helps your baby’s brain and nervous system develop, and also helps control your thyroid and metabolism.
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) is needed for all life, and is necessary for many chemical reactions within your cells.
- L-Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid that reduces hypertension, maintains immune and hormone function, and has been shown to have heart health benefits as well.
In addition to our proprietary blend of ingredients, Uconceive is packed with all the highest quality vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that make up a complete prenatal vitamin. Don’t worry about taking multiple pills or vitamins – just follow the Uconceive proven success formula!
Uconceive is the only kit on the market to address male factors! Click here to discover the science behind our proven Men’s Formula.
The Uconceive Men’s Formula is specifically formulated to meet a man’s physiologic needs for improved sperm production, and is the only formula to contain:
- Astaxanthine, a carotenoid compound with potent antioxidant properties to increase sperm production.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine, which greatly improves sperm quality.
- L-Carnitine and L-Acetyl Carnitine, a clinically proven combination that improves conception rates.
The men’s supplement also include Zinc, an important element that aids in the production of healthy sperm, and other vitamins essential in enhancing the function of sperm.
Convincing my husband to take the pills was a challenge, they smell horrible and apparently taste just as bad.
After two months, we are not pregnant though. 🙁 Maybe it will work for you, and maybe it just isn’t the right time for us. I have faith that it will happen when it is supposed to.