6 (4-oz) salmon fillets
¼ tsp pepper
2 Tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper.
- Stir together mustard, honey and rosemary; brush over fillets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Calories: 170; Total Fat: 5 g; Sat Fat: 1 g; Sodium: 210 mg; Total Carb: 7 g; Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 23 g
The new eMeals plan is designed for people who have or are at risk for heart disease, have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, or simply want to follow a heart-healthy diet as a preventive measure. Each week’s menu includes:
- Seven heart-healthy entrées with side dishes focusing on fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, poultry, fish and heart-healthy oils like olive and canola
- Calories plus grams of total fat, saturated fat, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber and protein for each entrée and side dish: including four meals with 50-60 grams of carbohydrate and three with 30-40 grams of carbohydrate
- Prep and cook times for each meal
- A once-a-week shopping list arranged by grocery aisle and used at any grocery store
Total saturated fat in each meal is limited to 4.5 grams, while sodium is limited to 800 mg per meal with the help of lower-sodium and unsalted canned goods as well as by limiting processed foods and using salt-free seasoning options.