Minestrone with Spinach and Rotini
Slow Cooker Clean Eating Plan for Two
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can no-salt-added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ (6-oz) pkg fresh baby spinach
- 6 oz uncooked whole-wheat rotini pasta
- Combine all ingredients except spinach and pasta in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours; stir in spinach; cover and cook 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; stir into soup.
I am really loving this recipe. After all the rain and flooding last night, This is what we are having tonight.